Members with the Patrol and Combined Traffic Services Section (CTSS) of the Prince Albert Police Service ticketed numerous drivers as part of a proactive traffic safety initiative Saturday evening in the Southwood area of Prince Albert.
Officers issued 16 tickets over the course of the evening to drivers in the area, including:
- Exceed posted speed limit (3)
- Using a cell phone while behind the wheel (1)
- Driving without a valid license (4)
- With a learner’s license driving without a qualified supervising driver (1)
- Unregistered vehicle (1)
- Fail to stop at a stop sign (1)
- Vehicle equipment violation, including broken headlights, tail lights, damaged windshield (5)
Another driver received a 60-day driving suspension during the safety initiative and their vehicle was impounded for having THC present in their system.
Police have noted concerns from local residents about excessive noise and speeding and continue to patrol the area to promote traffic safety. With the onset of winter driving conditions this week, the Prince Albert Police Service would like to remind drivers to plan more time to reach their destination and slow down when behind the wheel.