Dispatcher: Ashley Glasscock
- How long you have been at the Police Service. What Unit do you work for and your job title?
6 years. Communications operator and I work in the Communications Centre.
- Can you provide a general description of your week-to-week duties?
Answer calls for service both regular and 911. Dispatch officers and assist them with any duties they require.
I work on the phone and the radio, answer calls make up a ticket and dispatch the officers for both patrol and bylaw.
- What training/education did you take for the job?
Three months on the job training and we have to be APCO certified.
- Why did you decide to join the police service?
I wanted to do a job that was helping people.
- What's the most enjoyable/rewarding part of your career?
Being able to help people through a difficult time.
- Any advice for women who may encounter sexism or workplace challenges and obstacles in a male dominated workplace?
- Who were your heroes or role models growing up?
My mom and dad.
- What are some things you wish you could tell the younger version of yourself?
- Do you have any message you would like to say for young girls out there?
Self-respect is very important. If you believe in yourself you can do whatever you want.