A 44-year-old Prince Albert man was rescued Thursday night after police officers heard a smoke alarm going off.
On August 23, 2018 around 8:30 p.m. officers were in a multi dwelling apartment complex in the 1100 Block of Branion Drive. While in the Apt. complex officers heard a smoke alarm going off in a private suite and could not get an answer at the door. Officers attended to the exterior of the building and observed smoke inside the suite through a window. The two officers gained access to the suite via a window and located an unconscious male inside.
The 44-year-old male was taken outside where he recovered quickly.
The source of the smoke was a pot on the stove.
The officer’s quick thinking assisted in the rescue of the man and prevented any major damage to the building.