- Give me some background information on yourselves. Age, where you grew up, education/work history, are you married, any kids, how you ended up in Prince Albert etc
I am 30-years-old. Moved to Canada in 2008 from India. Have a Bachelors Degree in Microbiology and I was studying a certificate in Criminology–both from the University of Saskatchewan –when I was hired.
- How was Saskatchewan Police College? Tell me about your experiences. What was the hardest part, the most fun, any big surprises, et cetera.
20-week program. The hardest part was the physical fitness aspect. What I enjoyed the most was my colleagues – the other police officers from all over Saskatchewan. Many of them are my friends now.
I also won a joint Academic Award in my Police College class for highest academic achievement.
- How big were your classes, and how long was the program?
There were 16 officers from Regina, Moose Jaw, Weyburn, Estevan and Prince Albert.
- What made you want to be a police officer?
My father was a police officer, I grew up in a police culture and I've always wanted to be a police officer.
7. What's the most enjoyable/rewarding part of being a police officer?
In my opinion this is the most rewarding job, knowing that you are out there in the community and helping everyone that needs your help and knowing they are safe and the satisfaction that you get.
- Any final message you would like to add?
I think anybody can be a police officer. If anybody is thinking they can't they can. No matter what their background.