To all prospective Police Service applicants
Policing is a challenging and rewarding career, and one that requires a high level of commitment and energy from its human resources. The Prince Albert Police Service was originally formed in 1886, and has developed into a modern policing service, proudly serving the citizens of Prince Albert.
How to prepare for a career as a Communication Operator?
Click here for details
How do I qualify to enter a Police Officer competition?
The following minimum requirements are mandatory for all Police Officer applicants:
- 18 years of age, or older
- Canadian citizen, or landed immigrant and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Saskatchewan Grade 12 (or equivalent)
- Valid Canadian driver's license, and eligible to obtain a Saskatchewan Class 4 (Emergency Vehicle) driver's license
- Possess an acceptable Driver's Abstract (record of driving offenses)
- Meet a minimum eyesight requirement, and have no color blindness
- Be physically and mentally capable of undertaking police duties (as assessed bt relevant testing)
- Have and maintain a clear criminal record
- Possess valid certification in First Aid and CPR (Level C)
How can I make myself a better candidate for employment?
- Stay in school (obtain your Grade 12 diploma)
- Consider post-secondary education (college or university)
- Be active in your community
- Participate in volunteer activities
- Maintain a regular fitness program
- Develop oral communication and effective writing skills
- Maintain a good driving record
- Develop your interpersonal skills